[SOLVED] Liquid Cooling vs Air Cooling

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
I have some research on liquid cooling vs air cooling and some are saying that air cooling is better and some are saying that liquid cooling. I just had a buddy of mine that his system got fried cause of water cooling leak it fried his motherboard and power supply and that's what I am afraid of. I would like to find a white air cooler with rgb cooling. What do you guys think? Just want to hear some thoughts on the matter

Solution
some are saying that air cooling is better and some are saying that liquid cooling
there is no definitive answer.

it all depends on the layout of the system being used and the chassis housing it,
the specific products being compared,
personal preference,
and many other factors that would determine case by case which would be a better option.

you could build the same system and have good temperatures with either.
but liquid cooling can result in lower noise with lower fan RPMs while also being better aesthetically if you plan on showing off your build.
and air cooling can also have greater benefit if you're in a chassis that doesn't offer proper mounting points for radiators.

of course there are many more examples of why each...
some are saying that air cooling is better and some are saying that liquid cooling
there is no definitive answer.

it all depends on the layout of the system being used and the chassis housing it,
the specific products being compared,
personal preference,
and many other factors that would determine case by case which would be a better option.

you could build the same system and have good temperatures with either.
but liquid cooling can result in lower noise with lower fan RPMs while also being better aesthetically if you plan on showing off your build.
and air cooling can also have greater benefit if you're in a chassis that doesn't offer proper mounting points for radiators.

of course there are many more examples of why each option can be a good option, i've only named a couple.
his system got fried cause of water cooling leak
some may not properly setup and test a custom liquid cooling loop and that may lead to leakage.
but i've never run into an issue over 25 years of building custom systems where someone with a pre-built AIO liquid cooler ran into leakage issues.
I would like to find a white air cooler with rgb cooling
just being white & RGB doesn't mean much.
it would still need to be manufactured by a company that makes reliable coolers with good heat dissipation.

you already have a 240mm AIO listed in your specs but it is listed with your GPU, not your CPU.
have you altered the cooler to fit on your GPU instead?
i've seen the Zoomflow 240X branded under ~4 different companies so you'd have to determine the actual manufacturer(Asetek, etc) to determine if it's actually a quality AIO.
you may also want to upgrade the fans that came with it to something with a higher air pressure(mm H2O) and lower noise(dB/A).

Reactions: Krotow
Solution