Liquid Spill - Fan not spinning - Dell Latitude E7470

Feb 28, 2018
Okay, I'm beating myself very badly after what has happened. Drinking tea, I accidentally poured some on the left side of my keyboard where the fan is, I instantly switched the laptop off, took it off charge, let it dry, disassembled it thrice. The laptop boots up, I have linux and windows 10 installed, however when I boot into Windows via Grub everythings fine until a couple of minutes then it switches off and back on again (however it doesn't do this with Linux Ubuntu). I did a diagnostics (pressing fn) and it's coming back saying CPU fan not responding, so I did a physical check to see if this was true and yes the CPU fan isn't spinning, no signs of corrosion on the connector or pins or anything around the circuit board. Looked at the actual fan and it's blades and the heatsink, looks slightly bubbly around the heatsink and tea must have spilt on the fan blade/bearings. I have disconnected the fan 3 times but still not spinning.

I've heard these dell latitudes are keyboard spill proof?

New CPU fan and heatsink me think? Or am I being wishful. Everything works fine on the laptop (no signs of corrosion on mobo, (however there was some tea residue on the edges where the bottom lid of the laptop screws go into) but I will not be booting it up anymore to not cause CPU damage.

Suggestions... I'm a broke university student. And have all my stuff on there too. (just one of many headaches).