wilczur

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
Hello, this is my first time using an AIO (Z73 Kraken) and also the first time dealing with liquid temperatures, and was wondering if 40-ish celsius is normal at load? What are the safe temperatures for the liquid? I assume they are lower than cpu temps.

wilczur

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
What are CPU temps idle and under load? Since that is the actual temp that matters, not the liquid temp within AIO.
Well the CPU temps seem normal, I have not tested them thoroughly yet, but playing 7 days to die they reach around 60C - on a 13600k btw. But what I wanted to know is what are the safe temps for the liquid, because I don't know if that's something I should be looking out for. I don't know how hot is too hot for the liquid temps.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
But what I wanted to know is what are the safe temps for the liquid

Below 100C, since more from that point, it may vaporize. Then again, not all liquids in AIOs are pure distilled water, instead, some use additives in the liquid, rising the boiling point.

The thing with liquid temp is, you have no idea where the temp probe is located. Is it in the pump intake? Pump outlet? Rad intake? Rad outlet? Since it plays a role on liquid temps, depending where temp sensor is.

All-in-all, AIOs are designed to cool CPUs (or GPUs) that can reach 100C. So, it would be bad idea to use a liquid which "safe temperature" is only ~50C. 60+C and then what? It boils/vaporizes?