[SOLVED] List of AMD CPU/Microprocessor website?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I want to learn more about AMD CPU/Microprocessor, because soon I will start using AMD CPU. Is there a website about complete list of AMD CPU/Microprocessor with generation?

And how is AMD CPU compare to INTEL CPU ? What is I3, 5, 7 and 9 in AMD, does it r3, 5, 7 and 9 ?

Last edited:
Solution
Cpu list: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_microprocessors

Ryzen 3, 5, 7, and 9 cannot directly compared to the core i3, i5, i7, and i9.

Desktop Ryzen cpus (AM4)
Ryzen 3: 4 cores 4 threads
Ryzen 5: 4 core 8 threads or 6 cores 12 threads.
Ryzen 7: 8 cores 16 threads
Ryzen 9: 12 cores and 24 threads or 16 cores and 32 threads

Intel desktop cpus 8th and 9th gen (lga 1151)
Core i3: 4 cores 4 threads
Core i5: 6 cores 6 threads
Core i7: 6 cores 12 threads or 8 cores 8 threads.
Core i9: 8 cores 16 threads.

Also, 3rd generation Ryzen cpus are completely different and much better than 1st and 2nd genereation ryzen cpus.

In general, AMD Ryzen cpus are not better or worse than Intel processors. Each have pros and cons...

Desktop Ryzen cpus (AM4)

Also, 3rd generation Ryzen cpus are completely different and much better than 1st and 2nd genereation ryzen cpus.

In general, AMD Ryzen cpus are not better or worse than Intel processors. Each have pros and cons depending on model.

A lot of people buy AMD due to tons of cores, strong value, strong security, good gaming performance, and great platform suport.

A lot of people buy Intel due to high clockspeeds, great gaming performance, stability, great application support, and integrated gpus on most models.

Last edited:
Solution

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014

Desktop Ryzen cpus (AM4)

In general, AMD Ryzen cpus are not better or worse than Intel processors. Each have pros and cons depending on model.

A lot of people buy AMD due to tons of cores, strong value, strong security, good gaming performance, and great platform suport.

A lot of people buy Intel due to high clockspeeds, great gaming performance, stability, great application support, and integrated gpus on most models.
Thanks for the reply. How about the generation in both CPU compared ? For example i9 9900k, what AMD CPU to compare for this ? I am bit confuse because intel have 3-9 generation, meanwhile AMD just stay in 3rd gen

It doesnt work that way. All modern amd and intel chips are completely different in design.

Amds 1st gen Ryzen came out in early 2017. This would have been after the launch of intels 7th gen.

Amds 2nd generation came out in early 2018 right after the launch of intels 8th gen.

Amds 3rd gen came out nuly 7th 2019, a good while after intels 9th gen.

Intels 7th gen, 8th gen, and 9th gen are very simmilar with just more cores and higher clocks with newer chips.

Amds 1st 2nd and 3rd gwn ryzen chips are different in design. 1st and 2nd are.simmilar in design and performancem 3rd gen is very different in design and offers better performance.

Reactions: PeyoteFTW

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
It doesnt work that way. All modern amd and intel chips are completely different in design.

Amds 1st gen Ryzen came out in early 2017. This would have been after the launch of intels 7th gen.

Amds 2nd generation came out in early 2018 right after the launch of intels 8th gen.

Amds 3rd gen came out nuly 7th 2019, a good while after intels 9th gen.

Intels 7th gen, 8th gen, and 9th gen are very simmilar with just more cores and higher clocks with newer chips.

Amds 1st 2nd and 3rd gwn ryzen chips are different in design. 1st and 2nd are.simmilar in design and performancem 3rd gen is very different in design and offers better performance.
love you buddy