[SOLVED] List of most powerful / high end Windows laptops out there available in Europe

vivemotion

Commendable
Jan 19, 2019
Hello,

For professional purposes, I want to invest in a really great machine. A laptop between 14 and 17 inch.

I've been debating for a while whether I should go with Apple, but in the end I'd like to remain Windows. I want a laptop that is:
  • powerful
  • fast
  • reliable
  • silent
  • easily displays on a 4k external monitor
  • has lots of memory
  • 500 or 1000 gb SSD is fine
  • QWERTY

In other words, I want the Rolls Royce of the Windows equipped laptops. I know that for ~$1,500/$2,000 I can get something really good, whereas same quality at Apple would cost me 80% more.

What are my options?

Thanks a lot.

Solution
Hello,

For professional purposes, I want to invest in a really great machine. A laptop between 14 and 17 inch.

I've been debating for a while whether I should go with Apple, but in the end I'd like to remain Windows. I want a laptop that is:
  • powerful
  • fast
  • reliable
  • silent
  • has lots of memory
  • QWERTY

In other words, I want the Rolls Royce of the Windows equipped laptops. I know that for ~$1,500/$2,000 I can get something really good, whereas same quality at Apple would cost me 80% more.

What are my options?

Thanks a lot.
This one looks nice...

vivemotion

Commendable
Jan 19, 2019
I'm a novice, needless to say.

Well, I don't game at all, if that can keep things out of the way.

I thought that, if I get a powerful engine, I could cruise at a certain speed at a lower RPM than other less powerful ones? Or it doesn't work this way with computers?

allidsarebusy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2016
Hello,

• powerful
  • fast
  • reliable
  • silent
  • has lots of memory
  • QWERTY

What are my options?

Thanks a lot.
This one looks nice:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...-ryzen-r9-5900hs-gaming-laptop-lt-2d8-as.html

Solution

vivemotion

Commendable
Jan 19, 2019
Indeed, looks pretty good!
I need to make sure I can connect my two 32inch 4k external displays to it as well, and that the laptop would manage it just easily... This thing would do it without any issues?

Are the refresh rate and QHD expensive? As I'm not gaming, this would not matter so much to me.
Also, wondering if they sell in within Europe, to avoid having to buy it in the UK?

Thanks!

vivemotion

Commendable
Jan 19, 2019
You will cruise through internet on the nice Chromebook for 700sh dollars.

At least tell us what's your primary use for it?

2000 is a very nice budget for some high-end gaming laptop.

Use:
  • having tons of programs and many, many windows open simultaneously.
  • having two 32inch 4k external displays connected to it
It's just very intensive use, every single day, just no gaming "specs" required (if any are specific to gaming). Not sure how else I can put it.

allidsarebusy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2016
Hi,

You may as well put it together in the custom laptop shop. They're EU based and have 3 years of warranty. There are others as well.

P.S. You need powerful specs, which are also gaming specs in a sense ;)

Last edited: