[SOLVED] Little bit thermal paste on cpu pins

Oct 3, 2021
I bought msi b550m pro vdh with ryzen5 5600g and added xpg adata ax4u32008g16a-sr30 (2x)-no display no booting....cpu troubleshooting lights on mb turned on ..tried to update bios by flash memory after removing all other components (cpu memory) connected only both cpu power cable and 24 pins...after doing all this no result......between these processes little bit amount of thermal paste went to cpu pins. is this serious..plz help me thermal paste on cpu pins

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yes, I have tried to update BIOS by using a flash drive as per the manual. At the end of the process, the blinking lights near to flash dive is supposed to be turned off but didn't. its remain stable
That video should help...he's got some pointers for really common problems like naming the file in ALL CAPS.

But after the update also be sure to reset CMOS right away.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use isopropyl alcohol and a fine bristle brush to remove the thermal paste from that quadrant of the CPU pins. Please be gentle and do not use force to remove the paste, you can risk bending the pins.

Last edited:
... IS THIS SERIOUS..PLZ HELP ME...

A little bit is NOT SERIOUS...just install it and forget about it. Trying to clean it is far more likely to damage/bend the delicate pins and make more critical repair necessary.

The only time to clean it is if it's a big enough glop to pack into the contacts of the socket and that doesn't look bad enough.

Reactions: shibu m george
And what should I do on the first issue? no BIOS..CPU troubleshooting light on the mobo turned on
B550's may not have a BIOS that supports Ryzen 5000 CPU's...so first thing to do is make sure you're on the latest BIOS.

You'd normally need a CPU that board can use to boot into BIOS to update it. But it looks to me like that board has a BIOS Flashback feature (the button on the I/O panel). READ IN YOUR MANUAL how to download, copy to a USB stick and use the BIOS flashback.

Here is a video that shows you the process too, along with some pointers:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU7ZMmSmu20

Oct 3, 2021
Yes, I have tried to update BIOS by using a flash drive as per the manual. At the end of the process, the blinking lights near to flash dive is supposed to be turned off but didn't. its remain stable

That video should help...he's got some pointers for really common problems like naming the file in ALL CAPS.

But after the update also be sure to reset CMOS right away.

Solution