[SOLVED] Little black dots on my monitor?

RudeBoyEEEE

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm having a slight issue with my monitor, which is an Acer XF270HU. For some strange reason, though the monitor is nearly brand new (got it about two or three weeks ago), some black dots have gotten near the top right corner. I know it isn't dead or stuck pixels, since I used online tests and they don't show up like dead or stuck pixels would. I'll attach a picture, though it's with my phone since it won't show up on a screenshot. Any ideas? My dad took a look at it, and he said some dust must've gotten into the monitor somehow.
I've been very careful with this awesome screen, so I'm not sure how anything could have happened.
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: Changed the picture to point out the dots better.
7UJi0uB.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
yes, the dark spot is what some refer to as dust inside, that i have seen and clean sucessfully and mentioned as what your father thinks it is

but a black dot, that happens all of a sudden few weeks after you purchase, is just a dead pixel

if one came, there is no guarantee others will not appear later

some sellers will complain about a limit, on where they have to replace the monitor based on how many pixels are dead, but if i buy a monitor, i don't buy it thinking on how many dead pixels i am ready to accept

if you can get your money back, is what i would do

if you ask for warranty, they might tell you that is a acceptable damage/ condition and is not covered under warranty or perhaps they replace the lcd panel and return the...

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i would return it, ask for my money back, this happens on laptops when you apply pressure for long periods of time, but on a desktop monitor is unacceptable, i would return it and ask my money back

dust does get indside the lcd screens but this happens over a period of time longer than 3 years, something like that and doesn't happen to all models, on a new unit, return it and ask your money back

RudeBoyEEEE

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
i would return it, ask for my money back, this happens on laptops when you apply pressure for long periods of time, but on a desktop monitor is unacceptable, i would return it and ask my money back

dust does get indside the lcd screens but this happens over a period of time longer than 3 years, something like that and doesn't happen to all models, on a new unit, return it and ask your money back

Hi, thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, the black circular part isn't the spot I was talking about. That's just from taking the picture off a phone camera. I changed the picture to point out the dots better. Do you still think I should return it? I don't even have the box anymore...

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
yes, the dark spot is what some refer to as dust inside, that i have seen and clean sucessfully and mentioned as what your father thinks it is

but a black dot, that happens all of a sudden few weeks after you purchase, is just a dead pixel

some sellers will complain about a limit, on where they have to replace the monitor based on how many pixels are dead, but if i buy a monitor, i don't buy it thinking on how many dead pixels i am ready to accept

if you ask for warranty, they might tell you that is a acceptable damage/ condition and is not covered under warranty or perhaps they replace the lcd panel and return the unit to you, but you bought it new and should work perfect, the repair step should not be necesary, that is why i say ask your money back

Solution

RudeBoyEEEE

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019

if you ask for warranty, they might tell you that is a acceptable damage or perhaps they replace the lcd panel and return the unit to you, but you bought it new and should work perfect, the repair step should not be necesary, that is why i say ask your money back

I contacted the support for the store my brother ordered from. It's in NJ, like me, so I am able to go to there and replace my current monitor until December 6th. I'm willing to accept this instance as just a freak incident, and that it won't happen on a replacement. But if it does, then we'll have a problem, lol.
Anyway, thank you for your help and advice! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: atljsf