[SOLVED] Little confused regarding PS4 graphics

Solution
Do the textures look very muddy tho?
They are a bit sharper although I can't exactly compare it as I sold my TV and haven't used my PS4 in a couple of months. I mean with the higher resolution & improved graphic features of the Pro/4K it could look significantly better. Most of the comparison shots are just of Spider-Man so you don't really get to see the background characters/buildings well.

WildCard999

Titan
I own it on a PS4 Pro with a 4K TV, setting the Pro settings to Graphics (instead of FPS or balanced) does make the game do look spectacular so it's probably going to come down to the hardware used. For the PS4 at 1080P I think it looks about right although I'm not really seeing the blurriness your describing but it does look a little more 'basic' compared to what I saw although I don't think it's bad.

Apr 20, 2020
I own it on a PS4 Pro with a 4K TV, setting the Pro settings to Graphics (instead of FPS or balanced) does make the game do look spectacular so it's probably going to come down to the hardware used. For the PS4 at 1080P I think it looks about right although I'm not really seeing the blurriness your describing but it does look a little more 'basic' compared to what I saw although I don't think it's bad.

WildCard999

Titan
They are a bit sharper although I can't exactly compare it as I sold my TV and haven't used my PS4 in a couple of months. I mean with the higher resolution & improved graphic features of the Pro/4K it could look significantly better. Most of the comparison shots are just of Spider-Man so you don't really get to see the background characters/buildings well.

Solution
Apr 20, 2020
Well, if you look at the Spiderman suit graphics, does it look very different from your Pro version?

WildCard999

Titan
Well, if you look at the Spiderman suit graphics, does it look very different from your Pro version?
It's been a few months since I played but if memory serves me correctly the suit on my game looked better, like a bit shinier (glossy?) and slightly more detailed. When I get home later I can take a look at the game in 1080P and see if there's some differences. With the Pro you can change some graphics details so I can mess with that and see what I can find.

Reactions: electricpants007
Apr 20, 2020
It's been a few months since I played but if memory serves me correctly the suit on my game looked better, like a bit shinier (glossy?) and slightly more detailed. When I get home later I can take a look at the game in 1080P and see if there's some differences. With the Pro you can change some graphics details so I can mess with that and see what I can find.
Thanks man!

WildCard999

Titan
I'm having some issues posting the screenshots but it looks very similar when playing at 1080P & no 4K upscaling. Upscaling to 4K on a 1080P monitor even looks a little bit bit better but it is one of those games that really needs to be played at 4K on a Pro. There's also the size of the TV/monitor that could affect it as well. Like right now I'm playing on a 1080P 27" monitor with 4K upscaling so it looks decent but when it was on a 49" 4K HDTV it looked significantly better due to the larger size and increased pixels for more viewable details. I wouldn't recommend upgrading to the Pro with the 5 coming out later this year but perhaps consider getting a 4K HDTV or monitor could be a solid investment.

Apr 20, 2020
I'm having some issues posting the screenshots but it looks very similar when playing at 1080P & no 4K upscaling. Upscaling to 4K on a 1080P monitor even looks a little bit bit better but it is one of those games that really needs to be played at 4K on a Pro. There's also the size of the TV/monitor that could affect it as well. Like right now I'm playing on a 1080P 27" monitor with 4K upscaling so it looks decent but when it was on a 49" 4K HDTV it looked significantly better due to the larger size and increased pixels for more viewable details. I wouldn't recommend upgrading to the Pro with the 5 coming out later this year but perhaps consider getting a 4K HDTV or monitor could be a solid investment.
Ah I see, so my PS4 is doing just fine ig? Then I believe this game really doesn't look phenomenal on the base PS4. The increase in fidelity should be much much higher on Pro. It's a shame tho, I thought we would get similar graphics. Kinda disappointed :p

Apr 20, 2020
If you could, however, post some 1080p screenshots without upscaling (assuming you are having no problems later on), I would be grateful :3

Apr 20, 2020
Well the system wants me to post them to social media sites but I lack those accounts and could care less to do so. I was going to see if I could upload them directly to Imgur or at the least email them to me but no such option that I could see.
Ah ok, it's fine. Thanks a lot!