Question Little help with upgrading

BlackSlah17SVK

Honorable
Aug 15, 2016
Hello everyone.

So basically i have my 3 year old PC and it needs some upgrading no questions asked. To jump straight to the point i need help with little components.

Right now i have combination of X4 860K and r7 370 2gb. But i would like to upgrade to Ryzen 5 2600x and GTX 1660ti.

So im going to need to replace motherboard and RAMs too. The power supply is 500w so that should be still usable with this new rig and HDD and SSD too. same goes for after market cooler.

So the CPU will go for around 210-230€ and 1660ti for 300€. Thats around 550€ give or take. I need help with choosing of good motherboard and RAMs. I dont have problem with buying 8GB of ram first and then another 8.

I would like to squish my budget to around 700€, so thats around 150€ left for motherboard and RAMs. So i would like some suggestions for those in this price.

I'm going to be upgrading around september this year or maybe even wait for new ryzen gen anouncement later this year and reconsider my CPU choice . i just want to get the general idea what i should be looking for in this price category.

Lutfij

Titan
When asking for upgrade advice, it's best we learn of your current specs in order to move forward. Ideally you should list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your 500W PSU? We'll need the make and model of the unit since wattage doesn't define what the innards of a PSU are/is. Please include your location and your preferred site for purchase.

WildCard999

Titan
If you have a good aftermarket CPU cooler that is AM4 compatible then I'd probably save money and get the 1600 and overclock it to near 2600/2600X performance.

With your budget there's really no reason to get 8gb of memory and then have to upgrade it soon, just get the 16gb now.

Unless your PSU is a higher quality unit I'd recommend replacing it.

For your budget this is what I'd recommend for upgrade parts.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor (€131.79 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard (€108.84 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€89.89 @ Alternate)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING Video Card (€287.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€72.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €691.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-20 21:07 CEST+0200

Reactions: coastie65

TRENDING THREADS