[SOLVED] Little or none video in FireFox after re-install.

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
AMD Athlon 64 6000+
8Gb Ram
Windows XP Pro 32 SP4
FireFox V52.9

Had to replace MB. So it was best to fresh install Windows XP and all my other software, including FireFox V52.9. Now I'm back to where I was a few years ago with all sorts of video playback issues...... Don't remember how I solved them all in the past, or if I even did that correctly.

Some videos will play in YouTube, others will not "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available." The longer YouTube videos freeze after 23 minutes. Can't play anything off Bitchute, nor have I been able to play embedded videos from other pages unless they happen to be YouTube.

Pluggins include Sisco OpenH264, Shockwave Flash, and VLC Web Pluggin.

Already found and tried the "most common" fixes posted all over..... nada.

To other FF users familiar with these issues, please advise me as to which add-ons, extensions, and setting changes I need to make so this old browser will play any video on the net.....

Thanks,
Wolf

Last edited:
Solution
Try K lite full codec pack...see if it works
or different flash player versions....
Also see if it works in another browser like Chrome, Opera,

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
I also should add, that I did full backups before changing out my hardware, including the recommended FireFox data directories. (I have those zipped up). When I look at the contents of those zip files now, the saved paths don't exist in some cases with the new install of FireFox.

I'm tempted to play with restoring some of the files that do match, but I really don't know what I'm doing here..... so I'm very hesitant since I might just make things worse.

Even at the point of backup, the previous version of FireFox still had that 23 minute issue anyway, so restoring files/settings wouldn't be a 100% fix anyway.

Wolf

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
SOLVED:

I have not checked into the K lite stuff.... instead I came across this link:

I followed the procedure described and now can play any video encountered thus far, and that nasty 23:18 youtube freeze seems to be cured as well.