Little question about Asus Meupdate tool

giulianovir2

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hi guys, I have a Maximus IX hero on BIOS 1009, and i would like to ask a simple question: using the ME Tool update, which is included into Bios category on motherboard support, are there any changes in Bios settings like restore to default settings or not? is it simply a normal security update? Thank you.

giulianovir2

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

Yes, that is precisely my concern! I have forgotten to say that i have a Maximus IX hero on BIOS 1009. Are you sure BIOS reset back its default settings using MEupdate tool?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
Yes im sure. im a Asus motherboard owner myself :) i already did my meupdate 2 weeks ago when it got released. just save your profile to a usb drive like i told u when ur in bios. and load it again after teh bios update is finished.

giulianovir2

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

Ok, thanks for the advices! I see from your tag that you have a z370 Strix motherboard. I have read that Asus, for fixing all security issue, has released for z370 owners Asus a proper BIOS update, while for the z270 owners, Asus has released the Meupdate tool. Maybe you have done a complete BIOS update, and for this reason your settings resets back to default settings!

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
oh you are right. i assumed all the boards had the same fix. my bad. :D i shouldve checked your motherboard site for you then. yah for my case was just installing the latest Intel ME and updating the BIOS. yours doesnt affect your BIOS then. but you have a new BIOS update as well. related to the MEUpdate fix.

Version 1203 2018/01/09 7.9 MBytes
MAXIMUS IX HERO BIOS 1203
Improved DRAM compatibility.
Fixed SAMSUNG M.2 device issue.
Fixed SanDisk M.2 device issue.
Fixed AMD SSD device issue.
Fixed SteelSeries Keyboard issue.
Update CPU MicroCode.

giulianovir2

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Nono, the intel security fix changes if you have an Asus z270 or z370 motherboard (http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/intel-me-firmware-security-update-download/). I wouldn't want to update BIOS because the pc doesn't have any kind of problem and my previous experiences on updating BIOS are not so pretty :pfff:. So, I assume that using the MEupdate tool (that is different from normal updating the MEI driver in the chipset category on motherboard support), it simply fix the security intel issue and does not change any settings on the BIOS, right??