Live from Acer's New York City Tablet Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I really enjoyed my time with the Acer 1820ptz so here's looking forward to the Win7 tablets. Might even get one seeing as the 500 Slate may never hit the UK.

"Update11: The promo video for the Iconia....Microsoft is probably kicking itself at this stage."

How come? Were MS going to manufacture a tablet at some point in time? :)

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]damianrobertjones[/nom]I really enjoyed my time with the Acer 1820ptz so here's looking forward to the Win7 tablets. Might even get one seeing as the 500 Slate may never hit the UK."Update11: The promo video for the Iconia....Microsoft is probably kicking itself at this stage." How come? Were MS going to manufacture a tablet at some point in time?[/citation]
The Courier was supposed to be the dual-screen tablet from Microsoft, but it was canned before it was official.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]mresseguie[/nom]I'll take that dual-screen tablet in a heartbeat![/citation]

'IF' the battery life is ok, I'll go for the standard Acer tablet myself. Heck, make it slim with the standard battery WITH the option of an extended battery that adds a few mm to the entire rear. Come on oems

G

I am also eager to take dual screen tablet. I am searching for more multi-touch apps, found a text editor called StNotepad Touch, it has multi-touch gestures for all text editing actions like copy, cut, paste, delete, space, backspace, enter, tab, undo, redo, selectall and more. Inform me if anyone finds newer softwares.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Why would Microsoft develop hardware when it can sell OEMs a million copies of Windows 7? They would actually have to manufacture stuff and that can be expensive. Duplicating software does not take as much effort.

I really want the dual screen tegra powered one, but Bobcat is right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.