Live stream from a digital camera to a PC without recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marilyn_Jones

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I have two digital cameras. A Canon Ixus 285 HS and a FinePix f10. I want to use one of my digital cameras to demonstrate beadwork to a small group of people so need to get up very close, directly to my large all-in-one PC. I don't need to record anything. I also have an EasyCap device and a tripod which I want to mount my camera on. Unfortunately I am not very technical and have not been able to work out how to achieve this. I don't want to spend loads of money on this as we are a not for profit group. Can anyone help... PLEASE?

Does your all-in-one computer have an HDMI in port? If yes you may be able to connect an HDMI cable to the camera and monitor. That is if I understand you correctly and the people are getting close to your monitor for viewing. If you have the HDMI in port then you would need to switch the video input to that HDMI input port (similar to the way you would on a TV). This would be an inexpensive way to do it. If you have the HDMI cable it would cost you nothing money wise to attempt it.

Failed to mention that I was referring to the Canon since it has HDMI out port.

Marilyn_Jones

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I have had a good look on my Packard Bell OneTwo L5710, and unfortunately cannot see any HDMI port. Yes the Canon camera does have an HDMI port, although is WiFi. Is there anything else I can do?

What plugs do you have on the EasyCap? I'm assuming the RCA plugs (round and usually Red, White, and Yellow). If that is the case then you could try using the A/V cable with the Canon and connecting it that way. Did the EasyCap come with any video capture software? If yes, you might be able to do you want using the capture software. You don't have to capture video with the software as you can view through the application.

Since the Canon has WiFi have you checked for any Canon software that may be available for the computer?

Update: Visit https://www.canon.com.au/support or the appropriate support site for your region.

Marilyn_Jones

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
The EasyCap does have those RCA plugs and yes there is video capture software which I have installed. The software just simply connects to my webcam on the PC at the moment. The Canon did not come with any cables, so no A/V cable as it is WiFi. I assume that you can buy their cables separately for some ridiculous cost. I also checked with customer support at Canon a while back and asked them about live streaming and they said the camera was not capable of doing it, but I was determined to find a solution. Lots of YouTube videos purport to telling that you can use ANY digital camera as a webcam, but I have yet to work that one out. As I said I am not that clued up with connectivity.

Marilyn_Jones

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
Thanks for that, I have managed to source one of those cables (Stereo AV Cable AVC-DC400 ST) from China for £1.73 (I'm in the UK) so I will give that a try and let you know how I get on when it arrives.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.