Live streaming - three sites simultaneously CPU Max out.

May 24, 2018
Hi guys

I have a gaming PC Intel i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz. 8 GB RAM currently running Windows 7 64 Bit. I upload live video to three sites simultaneously. My CPU is maxing out at 100% when I do this. What upgrade would I need so that it would no longer do this, I cant imaging more RAM would help as when the CPU is 100%, RAM usage is only 6.4GB (thereabouts). My graphics card is GIGABYTE R9 290X WINDFORCE 3X.

The three streams are broadcasting in 864x480 using 850 bitrate. My upload speed is not effecting my uploading steam as I have plenty of bandwidth available, its the PC itself that is causing choppy video due to CPU max out.

Would upgrading to a i7 8700k processor solve the issue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

May 24, 2018
Thank you for your reply. Yeah when replacing processor I would get a new motherboard too. So a whole new system pretty much. With regards to RAM requirements what would you recommend? 16GB?

Also does the graphics card have anything to do with it, I assume not.

I believe you want to do the mem in 1 shot if you are running the ryzen system, as the memory controller are quite picky, as well as the speed limitation when 4 dimm are installed. Intel, the memory controller tends to be better. So I won’t worry about mix and match ram too much with intel. Fore mobo you want a motherboard with heatsink as a bare minimum. And make sure your pc has decent air flow as the mobo and cpu can get pretty hot for your work load.

TRENDING THREADS