Question LiveKernelEvent 141 crashes ?

Nov 13, 2021
Hello, I have a game crashing to desktop issue where my games freeze, depending on the game I see a error that says that my GPU device has been lost, in event viewer I see event id 4101 and in reliability history tool I see livekernelevent 141.

Specs :
GPU - RTX 2070 Super
CPU - i5 8600k
RAM - 16GB DDR4 RAM(8GB x 2 sticks same model)
PSU - Asus ROG Strix 750w (I had a seasonic 550w focus gm but I switched in hope that the crashing issue would disappear, didn't work)

What I tried :
  • GPU RMA
  • GPU running on debug mode, and tried underclocking manually too
  • furmark + prime95 for 45 minutes nothing wrong with PC
  • running OCCT on power stress test for 1 hour no errors
  • memtest86+ no error found
  • windows reinstallation
  • installing GPU drivers using DDU
  • installing pc drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website

Nov 13, 2021
Try and reseat the gpu.

Might do DDU again after that and reinstall latest drivers.

Anyway you can test with another gpu? Maybe from a friend ...
Tried GPU reseating before didn’t help.
I’ll try DDU again and I do have a GPU I can borrow(tho I won't get it that easily so that might be one of my last options)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021
ok something weird, I am playing currently on Red Dead Online in vulkan driver mode, and I am playing with my current GPU for 1 hour now and no crashes, and I am on the highest setting(with DLSS on), no crashes, usually at high graphic games I get a crash to desktop fairly fast(e.g. Fortnite, Forza Horizon 5 and Battlefield 2042), but with vulkan I got no crashes and no signs of stuttering or anything weird.

will test directx mode soon, maybe it is driver api related somehow?

Nov 13, 2021
Anyway to test with another gpu?
Maybe have a second pcie slot you can test this one in?
Is it btw only one game or more? And what about just desktop use?
for now can't use another GPU, I tried using a second PCIe slot didn't end well, same result.

it happen in more than 1 game and desktop use is fine, I never got anything weird while using my PC for anything but gaming.

Nov 13, 2021
A little less power hungry, but good to see, hope it stays that way. If so it's at least likely that it isn't a driver issue so either a power or gpu problem.

The one you borrowed the gpu from, can he/she test your gpu in their pc?
He is my brother yeah, games never crashed for him, he plays a variety of games too, also, for now no crashes as well