Livestreaming with i3 8100 to laggy

Aug 11, 2018
hi my specs are
gpu kfa2 1060 3gb
cpu i3 8100
8gb ddr4 ram

if i livestream i lag realy much same as the recordings i have set the best settings in obs and i have good internet butt stil can somebody help me?

Solution
That i3 is 4 core/4 threads. Most newer games need the 4 cores and threads just for the game. Streaming will require more CPU resources. On the Intel side, consider a 6 core/6 thread CPU the minimum for gaming and streaming.

What you can try for now is to reduce settings/resolution in the game to try and reduce CPU usage by the game. This will give your streaming software more resources. Also reduces streaming settings if you can, to reduce the demands on the CPU from that. Basically start all low, low game settings and low streaming settings, this is the best streaming performance you can have with this setup. Then, if you have enough CPU resources free, slowly increase settings a bit at a time until you find the point where the...
Use nvenc in OBS or just use geforce experience this way you will use the GPU for streaming and you will not loose any performance,if you still get lag(on the recording/stream) you can config OBS or geforce to use a higher priority for the stream ,you can google/youtube that.

That i3 is 4 core/4 threads. Most newer games need the 4 cores and threads just for the game. Streaming will require more CPU resources. On the Intel side, consider a 6 core/6 thread CPU the minimum for gaming and streaming.

What you can try for now is to reduce settings/resolution in the game to try and reduce CPU usage by the game. This will give your streaming software more resources. Also reduces streaming settings if you can, to reduce the demands on the CPU from that. Basically start all low, low game settings and low streaming settings, this is the best streaming performance you can have with this setup. Then, if you have enough CPU resources free, slowly increase settings a bit at a time until you find the point where the streaming or game gets laggy. Then back off a notch and you're done.

Solution

Lower settings can only increase the CPU usage,higher settings cause the GPU to bottleneck and allow lower FPS for the CPU but with lower settings the GPU can give higher FPS meaning that the CPU will have to work harder to keep up.

Some game settings can put more load on the CPU, those would be the ones to try lowering. I don't mean just picking between 'high', 'medium', and 'low' presets. My approach to this kind of thing requires an investment in time, to experiment and fine tune things. Just picking a lower preset might indeed be counterproductive.

This would still increase FPS because now the CPU can focus on running the game faster instead of having to "waste" compute on effects.This might work on CPUs with lots of cores because they have enough cores and any compute for the effects is being done by different cores that do not run the basic game.

OP, you're not experiencing anything abnormal. The i3 8100 is simply struggling to record when also gaming. You need to look into recording with NVENC/changing up your settings a lot. Also, by removing certain settings, yes the CPU usage might increase, but as dontlisten said, there are SOME that will actually help usage. For example, if I lowered my Physics/Particles/Dynamic Lighting etc. while keeping my FPS capped at 60, there would definitely be less OVERALL stress on the CPU (iirc).