Living Room Gaming With Corsair’s Lapdog, Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
Laser mice work fine on a couch cushion, and I've been using a PC from the couch for years without any problem, so this seems like a really niche product.

This is pretty awesome. I was stuck with a mouse that wouldn't work on a leather coach for sometime. Not because of the laser, but it had some type of plastic on the bottom that would create friction. I got a new mouse, issue resolved, but.. I could see myself using this if I still played on my TV/bed.

Et2Brute

Commendable
May 25, 2016
What makes this better than the Razer Turret? It is wireless using any format you like, has a cradle to charge and keep out of the way, and, more importantly, comes with a KB and Mouse all for < $40 more than the Corsair board alone. Seems like it would be the perfect living room accessory for gaming. $120 for the Corsair board with no mouse and KB seems...like lunacy.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
What makes this better than the Razer Turret? It is wireless using any format you like, has a cradle to charge and keep out of the way, and, more importantly, comes with a KB and Mouse all for < $40 more than the Corsair board alone. Seems like it would be the perfect living room accessory for gaming. $120 for the Corsair board with no mouse and KB seems...like lunacy.

You're talking apples and oranges, friend.

Lapdog houses your existing high-end peripherals. it's wired. And big.

Turret is a chiclet keyboard and has a little mouse. Both are wireless. And petite.

Colin_10

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
I wonder why this wouldn't work with k60 keyboards? I have a Corsair k60 now and a cursory glance seems like they are the same. Can anyone enlighten me as to why my keyboard is not listed as compatible?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Ridiculously overpriced imo.

Saw the magic-overpricing label "Gaming" up in the product title and knew it was going to be overpriced before reading the actual price further down.

The Gaming label milking continues...

lalorm

Commendable
May 26, 2016
When will someone consider people that use the mouse with their LEFT hand? Not everyone is right handed and it doesn't look like this can be configured for a left handed person!!!!! :(

owcraftsman

Reputable
May 25, 2016
I've use a 16 x 24" board with a pillow wrapped with a sheet to hold it all together for my lapdog works noce for a laptop too and I for one am glad to see this for a nice upgrade. I just happen to have K70 too. I'd like to see a cell phone/tablet craddle incorporated and easily accessible storage under mouse pad but that's nit picky,
Now for the wild speculation regarding the 16 pin port. I think it will be a WiFi or better yet Bluetooth Module making this the perfect HTPC companion

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
When will someone consider people that use the mouse with their LEFT hand? Not everyone is right handed and it doesn't look like this can be configured for a left handed person!!!!! :(

I hear ya. Probably should have mentioned that in the piece. (We did mention that issue in earlier coverage.) Initially, I was thinking that they could make the design more modular--like have a smaller, removable section with the mousepad and a larger compartment for the keyboard that could slide to accommodate whichever side you want your mouse.

But now, I see that would be pretty hard with the current design. However, I think if Corsair goes back to the drawing board, they could figure that out. I'll be sure to press them on that for you at Computex. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.