Question Living without the headphone jack in Smart TV

gordonfreemanjr

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
So, I've bought a Samsung Smart TV. Had I known that the 3.5 headphone port is more, maybe I would've decide differently. Now I'm stuck with a Smart TV and a ton of wired headphones, including Sennheiser RS 175, purchased with the TV in mind.

However, I also own a Samsung N400 soundbar.

My question: is there any way to get around the lack of 3.5mm port in the (not-so) Smart TV, maybe using the soundbar or an adapter of some kind, to get my precious RS 175 to work?

I'm not buying another pair of Bluetooth headphones, just because Samsung are not in the mood.

So, I've bought a Samsung Smart TV. Had I known that the 3.5 headphone port is more, maybe I would've decide differently. Now I'm stuck with a Smart TV and a ton of wired headphones, including Sennheiser RS 175, purchased with the TV in mind.

However, I also own a Samsung N400 soundbar.

My question: is there any way to get around the lack of 3.5mm port in the (not-so) Smart TV, maybe using the soundbar or an adapter of some kind, to get my precious RS 175 to work?

I'm not buying another pair of Bluetooth headphones, just because Samsung are not in the mood.

Those headphones look to include an optical cable for the base, which means you can connect them to the optical out on the TV. You can buy a simple optical signal splitter to use both the headset and the soundbar. I never tried any of them so can't say which one to get, reviews on Amazon and such can help you though.