Lizard Squad Offering Its DDoS Tool For Monthly Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
This is excellent news for major companies. A massive DDoS stress-test for their servers, for a few bucks. Pity the hackers get the money, but who cares? Improve, step forward, repeat.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
Think of the company to company aggressive attacks against one another to beat the small ones back when they are just getting big enough online to make their own mark?
That is one of the things that instantly come to mind with this article.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
I'm taking bets on how long it takes for them to be caught. I suspect they've already been infiltrated and are being pumped for information as I type.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I don't get it. How is it that someone doing something that is illegal able to use paypal or bitcoin? Can't the FBI just make paypal or bitcoin give them up?

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
So, on what site are they selling it? Would be neat to turn their own tool against them. Or just DDOS them with something else. But I'm guessing it's probably on Tor (or something like that) and not easy to attack without taking out a large part of the entire network.

In the end, ISPs need to get better at foiling DDOS attacks. Like smart routers that can track the frequency of requests from each IP to pick out which ones are participating in the attack and block them. Then, communicate those block to upstream ISPs, so they can be blocked closer to the source. In fact, I thought such techniques were being used for years.

Ken Keister

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Tools like that shouldn't be made readily available to the general public free or at a price. You don't give a monkey a weapon of mass interuption and expect anything good to come of it.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
i am glad that more ppl are able to see it my way that even though there are ligetiament uses for this kind of serivce / product most likely it will be used for illegal uses more often than legal ones.

Saint Heretic

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
your all misinformed thinking this is for any type of testing, this type of attack is about as basic, and old as they come! there is no security measures that can be gained from this type of attack, there is no way to stop someone from launching one of a server, but there is a very simple and cheap way to thwart this type of attack once its been launched on a controlled server, fact is Sony doesnt fckn care, they got their money from the consumers already! they will use all this crap as a "added feature" or "upgrade" and promote it as such and charge extra for this new other worldly new feature when they sell their next unit, microsoft will do the same. its actually really funny thinking about how many of you seriously think a ddos attack is high tech hacker shit, you all have been watching too many mission impossible and matrix movies, its not a hack unless information,money, digital media,or documentations are directly gathered from the process of the "HACK" everything else is aol chatroom wannabe's this includes ddos attacks that "have crippled sony and microsoft" bullshit, it was sony and microsoft doing the little tickle attacks to themselves for later monetary gain!!!! .....................................yep, microsoft, the fckn creator of the most used op system ever had their servers hacked!!!! if you believe that, your a moron!

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013

Bitcoin is not like regular currency. It's primarily anonymous and untraceable. That's just how the nature of it works.
It's used as the primary form of currency on the dark web's black markets. That's not saying the currency itself is a bad thing - it isn't meant for illegal activity, but due to it's nature, it is commonly used for it.

That also explains why Lizard Squad would want payment in that form, because it wouldn't leave a trail back to them.

As for Pay Pal... They probably have it linked to a dummy e-mail account, and regularly convert any funds received into Bitcoins. All they would have to do is mask their IP address when creating and accessing the e-mail and Pay Pal account, which is probably the easiest part of the whole ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS