LLC for i7 7700k when undervolt

kooiankeen

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
hi, my mobo is asus z170 pro gaming and cpu is i7 7700k. i m currently undervolt it and i set the LLC to level 4 and vcore offset mode to -0.05.Will that settings too low or damage cpu?

Solution
What is VCORE voltage under load? Your offset does not tell me anything as I don't know what the VCORE was set to before the offset. The only way your going to damage the cpu with voltage is by adding way too much, undervolting a cpu wont hurt it though you could encounter instability if there is not enough voltage to run the cpu properly.

LLC combats VDROOP, which makes your VCORE voltage fall below what you set in the bios under load. The higher your LLC setting the closer your cpu will run to its set vcore voltage when under load.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What is VCORE voltage under load? Your offset does not tell me anything as I don't know what the VCORE was set to before the offset. The only way your going to damage the cpu with voltage is by adding way too much, undervolting a cpu wont hurt it though you could encounter instability if there is not enough voltage to run the cpu properly.

LLC combats VDROOP, which makes your VCORE voltage fall below what you set in the bios under load. The higher your LLC setting the closer your cpu will run to its set vcore voltage when under load.

Solution