Loading off SSD, not HDD

Dustin1976

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
I installed an SSD to strictly use for gaming and it works as intended, but upon loading, it's going to the SSD instead of the HDD (which I'd prefer, had a ton more space and is easier to use for the family). I set the priority in BIOS and did everything I know to get this to work, but it's not happening. Any suggestions?
Also, when loading to the SSD, the log-in screen pops up even though I disabled it with netplwiz. Any suggestions on a fix for that?

Thanks in advance.

Forgive me, I'm a bit loopy after trying to figure all of this out.
Upon looking at some more information, I'm wondering if I'm doing this backwards. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Brickfoot7

Distinguished
May 27, 2013
I'm not entirely clear on the question your trying to ask. It sounds to me like you want the operating system to boot from your HDD and have the SSD that you'll put games on, is that correct?

Dustin1976

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Yes. I was wrong in what I was trying to do according to some folks here in town. I have that solved, but I'm still having an issue with having to enter a password when turning on my computer. I thought I had everything turned off, but I'm still needing to put a password in.