Question Loading Software into Hyper V, Virtual Drive

cve60069

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Hello

I have managed to load Windows 7 onto my Windows 11 computer using Hyper-V. Try as I may, I am unable to get the Windows 7 to see my USB ports or my Windows 11 'partition'. I need to load software on Windows 7 and I need to share files and printers. I have set up a workgroup in Windows 7 and I have created a shared folder in Windows 11. I also have a remote Windows 7 PC which I connect to using NETWORK. Window 11 allows me to access all the files on that PC and vice-versa. When I look at the Network on the Windows 7 partition, I am only able to see the Windows 11 PC but I am unable to access the files (presumably because the Windows 7 partition is also the same PC).

Tried all the tutorials I am able to find but no fixes. Any clues please on how to access the USB port and set up the Network so all 3 operating systems can see each other.

You have to set up the usb port for the hyper-v since you can't have two OS accessing the same device at the same time.
Using vmware or virtualbox makes this much easier, they have any new usb device show up in their menu and you can decide if you want to add it to the real or to the virtual system.

TRENDING THREADS