Loading Times increased, Virus?

Jul 12, 2018
Okay so here are some background informations:
A few days ago I installed some antivirus programs on my computer because I didnt have any. (Malwarebytes and Kaspersky Free) After installing these programs I constantly scanned my PC with them because I was really afraid of having a virus, but both programs never decteted anything, except Malwarebytes in the beginning. (3 PUPs and it removed them succesfully)
Today I booted up my PC and the Windows Defender Icon in the taskbar suddenly had the red X-Sign near it. I clicked on it and it wanted to start Malwarebytes, which I did and then the icon turned green again. I scanned my PC every 2 hours at least to make sure I really didnt have any malware and both Kaspersky and Malwarebytes never detected anything. But what I did notice that the loading times for the games I played went up. As an example: BF1 takes a really long time to load a game and Overwatch needs about 20 seconds in the startup screen to show my profile picture and the new background that got added with the new hero which seems really weird since I played it with no issues a day ago. Another thing I have noticed that it suddenly takes about 3 seconds longer to load in the character models when choosing a hero and that it also takes about a second to load in the First-Person-Weapons in Overwatch. Both things used to load in instantly. This evening I scanned my PC again and Malwarebytes suddenly detected 6 Trojan Files on my computer even though it did not detect anything an hour before. After deleting the files I restarted the PC and again the Windows Defender Icon turned red and when I want to run a quick scan with the Windows Defender it says the IT-Administrator does not allow me to do that. I can make it go green if I restart both my AV-Programs which btw dont detect anything. But I am still experiencing the longer loading times aswell as some other issues such as Steam randomly crashing (something that had never happened before).

Note: I am still getting the same FPS while gaming even though certain things take longer to load in. I also did not visit any fishy websites which could have caused the virus and my temps during gaming are fine aswell

So the problem is either some kind of virus or the HDD in my PC.

Specs: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.9GHZ
GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram
1 TB HDD
250 GB SSD
MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard
500W beQuiet Silver PSU

If someone has experienced something similar or has any idea how to fix these problems, please help me out.
One last thing I should add. I have already tried resetting Windows to a certain date. For some reason it does not work. The OH restarts and the I get an error message.

Solution

Yes, they are. But I have already fixed the problem. I reinstalled windows since the system restore did not work and I really did not know what to do. I also had time so i simply did it. After reinstalling and downloading every driver and all the other things I fired up Overwatch and the weird loading times were gone. Then I restarted to see if the Windows Defender Icon would get the red X-Sign again when my PC boots up. But no, it was orange and after a split of a second it turned green (normal i suppose). Then I started Overwatch again and the loading times were back. I was really shocked. I restarted the PC again. The Windows Defender Icon was green as before so I tried to perform a...
Jul 12, 2018

The only thing i can remember is Asus GPU Tweak. But I deleted it because i thought it could have done something to my PC but nothing changed.

Jul 12, 2018

Yes, they are. But I have already fixed the problem. I reinstalled windows since the system restore did not work and I really did not know what to do. I also had time so i simply did it. After reinstalling and downloading every driver and all the other things I fired up Overwatch and the weird loading times were gone. Then I restarted to see if the Windows Defender Icon would get the red X-Sign again when my PC boots up. But no, it was orange and after a split of a second it turned green (normal i suppose). Then I started Overwatch again and the loading times were back. I was really shocked. I restarted the PC again. The Windows Defender Icon was green as before so I tried to perform a scan with it but it was still loading so I could not do that. Then I started Overwatch again and the weird loading time was still there. I closed the game and then saw that the Windows Defender now succesfully loaded and I could perform a scan. While it was scanning I tried Overwatch one more time and suddenly it was working perfectly fine. So the loading times were coming from the Windows Defender loading in after the PC is booted. Several tests later, the game still worked perfectly fine.

I am still glad that I reinstalled Windows since before that, the loading times were always that weird even though the Windows Defender was loaded in and my games were crashing after playing them for around an hour.

Solution
Jul 12, 2018

One last thing. It appears that the loading times are longer when Overwatch was not opened for a bit of time. My PC is now turned on for around 3 hours and i started the game again and the loading time was a little longer (still faster than before the windows reinstall). Again I was really shocked. Then I restarted the game and it was loading very fast again. Kind of weird but it appears that my PC is fine.

Jul 12, 2018

Alright last update on this thread from me I guess, unless you still have some suggestions. I have come to the conclusion that the Windows reinstall did NOT fix the loading times. It takes longer to open up basically any game I play. This seems really weird to me since the games worked fine after the reinstall but when I downloaded Malwarbytes and restarted the PC to look for the weird Windows Defender thing it stopped working again. So this is either caused by Malwarbytes or by one of the countless Windows updates my PC has gone through since the reinstall. I highly doubt it is Malwarebytes because I already deleted it again and I am still experiencing the longer loading times. At least I think I can safely say that my games stopped crashing. I just played Warframe for over 2 hours and nothing happened. I am also getting better FPS in general. Again, maybe it was a Windows Update. If it gets fixed automatically, someone here asks a question or my games still crash, I will post it here.