Question local account password will not reset, forgot password, dont know if its a microsoft /windows password I used on a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2023
I recently bought a laptop after 7 years using my built one. Today I am trying to force windows to STOP using the password to log in so I just boot up and hit enter or something and have my computer available.. Well I changed passwords, saved it in a notepad, like I always do, and now I cannot remember the password, cannot reset the local account... I am not sure if its a local account or a local windows account (its annoying as hell to be forced to use a microsoft /windows password on your own computer, I dont get it) I watched one video on youtube (even if its 3 years old,) to reset an account and hesitant to do what he says because I dont want to lose my files AT ALL... (im at the part to where I am making a windows 10 installation media, and its downloading, but with my internet being so bad it will probably take 9 hours. (yes its that bad)
Ive read you can hold Shift and restart to get into troubleshooting, Ive tried that, cant do anything because it still asking for the password that I DONT KNOW what it is.... is there some way to completely reset the "ACCOUNT" or simply make a new one so I can go find the password I saved, login and delete it on the admin account?.... Fairly certain it is a local admin account.

Status
Not open for further replies.