local administrator

Mike

Splendid

I have 2 users whose accounts are exactly the same except for their login name. One user is an administrator of the local machine and the other user isn't. I have logged in and explicitly added the person as an administrator of the machine, but they still cannot be an administrator of the machine. The same thing happens when they login to a different machine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Mike,

You'll need to give some more details in order for anyone
to figure out what exactly is going on. What platform are
you running e.g., NT, W2k, W2k3? What OS is running
on the local machines? Can we assume the machine is
connected to a domain? How exactly are you adding the
user to the local "administrator" account?

"mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 users whose accounts are exactly the same except for their
login name. One user is an administrator of the local machine and the
other user isn't. I have logged in and explicitly added the person as
an administrator of the machine, but they still cannot be an
administrator of the machine. The same thing happens when they login to
a different machine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike

Splendid

Sorry, for the lack of information. The domain is a NT 4. The OS on the PC is XP. Tried to manually add them in the user accounts on the local machine.

Thanks

If you want to give the domain accounts local administrative
access you'll need to add the domain accounts to local
administrator group in computer management / local users
and groups / groups.

"mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message .
> Sorry, for the lack of information. The domain is a NT 4. The OS on
the PC is XP. Tried to manually add them in the user accounts on the
local machine.

Yes

--
Scott Harding