Local Area Connection does not have a valid IP configuarion

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
So yesterday I bought a new PC, Installed windows 7, updated drivers from the disks i got with it and internet still doest want to connect. I have that god damn Yellow triangle of doom next to it. and I don't know how to fix this ... Things I've tried:
-Reseting the router
-Connecting PC directly to the Router
-Connect it with a different cable
-Connect the same cable to my laptop (worked fine there)
-tried shitload of release, renew and allother possible CMD commands ...
-Uninstalled the driver multiple times from Device manager and scanned for missing drivers, installing drivers from the official site
-Disabled power from the wall and left it for 8 hours
-Manually set IPv4 in the adapter settings
-Disabled IPv6

I'm really out of ideas and any help would be appriciated... If anyone has any solution, please help me :(!

Solution
Ok, I would like to thank everyone for their time, but my problem is solved!
The problem was that we had only 2IP's and one was taken by Asus (from my laptop), so what I did was connected the cable directly to the modem/router (which was previusly connected to the splitter and some other stuff), spinned the cable around 3 times, reseted my PC and it works perfectly now! Thanks alot for your suggestions anyway guys!

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

By router interface if you mean the IP adress you put in the website, no i can't.
Haven't tried tracert yet, and no i havent updated drivers, cause I dont have internet connection on the PC. I'm installing windows 10 now, again, and will download Updates and put them on USB flash drive. If that doesn't work i dont know what the hell will...

so you can't reach the router typing in the Gateway's address?
if you type in ipconfig, does your NIC get an IP address? or does it say "medium separated"?
if says separated it's most likely driver related. (or the port died, but mostly drivers)
also if you do a tracert on an ip adress, post where it stops/fails

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

Ethernet adapther Ethernet:
Connection-cpecific DNS Suffix . : (empty)
Link-local IPv6 Adress . . . . : fe80::7186:4c3e:e8a5:ee7f%2
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Adress . . : 169.254.238.127
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0.
Default gateway . . . . . . : (empty)

Tunnel adapted isatap. {34BCA6B4-8FAB-48BA-BEEE-8B60FCD1FE39}:
Media State . . . . .. . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection - specific DNS Suffix . : (empty)

All tracert's I've tried in CMD do some transmit errors or unable to resolve target system

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

around 5 different ones that i've found on the internet. None worked ...

you gotta take the IP of your Gateway. this varies from ISP to ISP (mine for example is 192.168.0.1, the ISP I work for uses the 192.168.1.1 / 10.0.0.138)

your computer doesn't know what to use as a gateway to the WWW.
what ISP do you use? where are you from?

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

I'm from Slovenia, the ISP is T-2

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
you have 169 ip. That means your router isn't giving you an ip. You sure you know how to manualy give a static ip to your pc?Give us a screenshot of your configuration screen and also the ip of your router. Although iam pretty sure it's driver problem...

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

What else dcan I do about the driver ? I updated it via disk - didnt work, updated it feom their website - no luck aswell... Manufacturer said that when they tested it it worked fine. But i doubt they tested it. Unless every custom build pc has been tested and then had windows removed...
And i dont know anything about that static IP you said :(

alright mate
I looked at your ISP's website, horrible. really horrible. the FAQ section doesn't provide you with any answers.
I think you gotta call their support hotline.

tell them you don't get a connection
IPCONFIG shows an IP address but no Gateway and no DNS Suffix
and you can't connect.

they'll probably be able to help you

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
i can guide you how to manually configure a static ip adress. Firstly, check your router manual and see what is it's ip adress. Let's say it's 192.168.1.1 . You need to configure an ip adresss at the 192.168.1.x range.If it's 192.168.0.1 then you need to configure a static ip at 192.168.0.x range etc.
Open a command promt(type cmd at search) and ping an adress like 192.168.1.134) . If you get no respond then this is the ip we gonna use.
Now we gonna set the static ip to windows. For instructions check here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

For ip adress set the adress you pinged before( 192.168.1.134 for example). At subnet mask leave it default 255.255.255.0 . At gateway set the ip of the router. For DNS set the ip of the router again. And done!

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

thank you, i will try that

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

They better be ... You don't know how useless eployees they have there ...

oh I do. I was one of those once. There were some I'd trust my virtual life with but there were those who said, you shouldn't open your windows when using WLAN, so the WLAN particles don't get sucked out..... and they were dead serious when saying stuff like that...

but they should be able to tell you the IP of your Gateway.
and once you know your gateway's IP it should be a piece of cake.

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

So what do I have to do when I get the IP ? I've never had these problems before so i'll get stuck eitherway ...

AnonSi

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
Ok, I would like to thank everyone for their time, but my problem is solved!
The problem was that we had only 2IP's and one was taken by Asus (from my laptop), so what I did was connected the cable directly to the modem/router (which was previusly connected to the splitter and some other stuff), spinned the cable around 3 times, reseted my PC and it works perfectly now! Thanks alot for your suggestions anyway guys!

Solution