Question Local network media player

Apr 29, 2019
I'm using popcorn hour A400, looking a similar device, which support mkv, 4K, local network media reading, creating library, support translation,etc
looking for a mid or high end device
can please suggest model that i can get to replace my device.

For the top solution, I'd go with an Nvidia Shield TV. For a cheaper alternative, I'd recommend Xiaomi Mi Box.

Nvidia Shield is quite powerful as a box and would do 4k HDR just fine. You can use USB to attach an SSD or use network storage (NAS).

The Xiaomi will be a lot less expensive and they usually keep it updated. It does all the same things, but it might struggle in very high bitrate (50mbps+).

For your media solution, as an android box you have access to Kodi, Plex and Emby, any of witch can be used for this.

Apr 29, 2019
For the top solution, I'd go with an Nvidia Shield TV. For a cheaper alternative, I'd recommend Xiaomi Mi Box.

Nvidia Shield is quite powerful as a box and would do 4k HDR just fine. You can use USB to attach an SSD or use network storage (NAS).

The Xiaomi will be a lot less expensive and they usually keep it updated. It does all the same things, but it might struggle in very high bitrate (50mbps+).

For your media solution, as an android box you have access to Kodi, Plex and Emby, any of witch can be used for this.
thanks

Reactions: Murissokah