[SOLVED] Local retailer is getting 3 different Gigabyte 3080's restocked soon, I can pre-order 1. Which should I?

kay_

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2015
My local retailer is getting 3 different 3080's restocked soon: Gigabyte Eagle, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme (I can only backorder 1 of them) - any thoughts on which one would be the smartest choice?

The Eagle and Aorus Master are priced roughly the same (within +/- $30-40 of eachother, depending on if they get the Eagle OC or non-OC sku's in the shipment - I'm comfortable OC'ing a base model myself, and I've heard the gpu binning isn't any different between the OC/Non-OC versions of the Eagle, so this factor is kinda moot, its basically whichever one they happen to get shipped).

The Aorus Xtreme is + $55 more expensive than the Aorus Master, but has higher power limit/OC potential, possibly better part quality, but not sure. Any thoughts?

I know both Aorus models are giant (take up 4 slots, but my case is big enough so that doesn't matter to me). I also don't really care either way about the Aorus's LCD screen.

I'd honestly be happy with any make/model of 3080, its just that my retailer is getting these 3 gigabyte sku's much sooner than any others, and I'm only able to pre-order 1. Pls help me decide! thanks

Solution
they have similar specs but rev 2.0 need more power and could have a change in bios also it is almost out every where so could be hard to find do you realy need a so powerful gpu .

kay_

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2015
the extreme need a 850 watts psu with 3 x8 pins connector and the other use a 2x8 pins connector for a 750 watts psu so you go go for master and check they already have a rev 1.0 out .
Thanks for the reply. I called up the retailer and they didn't know if the Aorus Master's they'd be getting would be the new rev 1.0.

Is the rev 1.0 you're referring to just a bios updated version of the card? or is the hardware setup differently, and how so?

Edit:
I see that the Aorus Master revisions have different power connectors
REV 1.0: 2x 8pin
REV 2.0: 3x 8pin

Last edited: