local services

I have admin rights and unable to open properties in
services, i can see all the services, start and stop all
of them, except disabled ones. any help would be great
thanks

See if you set the disabled service to auto or manual and that should allow you
to start it. If you still have problems you may want to run the Security
Configuration and Ananlysis mmc snapin tool comparing to the setup security.inf
template and view the permission on the service and grant yourself start and
stop permissions if need be. --- Steve

http://www.lokbox.net/SecureXP/secAnalysis.asp