Local user logon script does not run

Hello George ! Thank you for your reply.

I'm using Windows XP pro. My computer is connected to any
network. I created the netlogon share for the directory
c:\windows\system32\repl\import\scripts. Inside the
scripts folder I placed the test.bat file. On the Profile
tab of the 'user' properties I set the script name as
test.bat. But the script never run. What is the problem.
Help me.

sms

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

not sure what to make of your statement: "My computer is connected to any
network."
I get the feeling you are trying to say your computer in *not* connected to
any network, hence you created the netlogon share yourself.
Is that a correct observation?
Because if your computer *were* connected to a NT4 domain, the netlogon
share would per default already exists on the exact location you are trying
to create ne (on your XP box, I fear)

as I have tried to clarify before (poorly, I guess) logon scripts will work
if they are kept in the netlogon share on a *logon server*, which is eg. a
w2000 domain controller and the user is a domain user, not a local user.
the logon script box on the user Profile dialog will not accept a
servername.
so the only thing you can enter is the logon scriptname (possibly preceded
by a pathname relative to the netlogon share.)
go to Help and Support and search for 'logon script'.
carefully read the explanation and you'll see what I mean.

correct assessment on my part?

george