stuart

Win XP Pro SP1

Please can you tell me how to lock my computer? Ctrl-Alt-Del takes me to the
Windows Task Manager but nothing to do with "Lock Computer".

Stuart wrote:
> Win XP Pro SP1
>
> Please can you tell me how to lock my computer? Ctrl-Alt-Del takes me to the
> Windows Task Manager but nothing to do with "Lock Computer".

There at least 4 ways to lock a WinXP (Home or Pro) workstation:

1) Use the Windows Key + L hot key.

2) You can press CTRL+ALT+DEL and then <ENTER>, once you've turned
off the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching. (This is the default
in a domain environment, as FUS is contrary to the domain security
paradigm.)

3) You can create a desktop shortcut with
"%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation" in the
target field. (It is case-sensitive, BTW.) You can then assign a
keyboard shortcut.

4) Set a password protected screensaver, and wait the allotted time
without touching the mouse or keyboard.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Stuart wrote:
> Win XP Pro SP1
>
> Please can you tell me how to lock my computer? Ctrl-Alt-Del
> takes me to the Windows Task Manager but nothing to do with
> "Lock Computer".

Hit the Windows key + L

Nepatsfan

Fitz

Create a shortcut on your desktop and use this as the command:
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

--
***
NEVER download files from anywhere unless it is from the website of the

"Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro SP1
>
> Please can you tell me how to lock my computer? Ctrl-Alt-Del takes me to
> the
> Windows Task Manager but nothing to do with "Lock Computer".

Try holding down the Windows Key, and then pressing L

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:03:02 -0700, Stuart