Lock out reinstall

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi:

I want to reinstall the operating system without
affecting the installed applications. Is there
documentation on this?

These articles may help.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q292175

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Phil" wrote:
| Hi:
|
| I want to reinstall the operating system without
| affecting the installed applications. Is there
| documentation on this?

Greetings --

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q292175

What an In-Place Win2K Upgrade Changes and What It Doesn't
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I want to reinstall the operating system without
> affecting the installed applications. Is there
> documentation on this?

Philo

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I want to reinstall the operating system without
> affecting the installed applications. Is there
> documentation on this?

all you need do is boot from your cd
then perform a repair installtion
(or an in-place upgrade)

in other words...if you install win2k back over itself
all you'll loose is your windows updates