Lock Workstations after x number of minutes

Does anyone know if it is possible to a lock a workstation after x number of
minutes automatically. My users have the habit of leaving their workstations
unlocked when going for breaks. If it is can I deploy this setting from my
server?

Many Thanks,

John Barwell

Hi Jetro,

I dont actually want to lock computers using screensavers. I would like to
have an automatically policy similar to ctrl, alt and del then lock
computer. Is this possbile?

John
"Jetro" <jetro@internet.net> wrote in message
> Screensavers with passwords do this.
> If you need to logoff anyone completely, use Winexit.scr from the resource
> kit.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
> HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of
> Inactivity in Windows XP

Password-protected screensavers were developed for auto lock. The policies
are under UserConfiguration/AdmTemplates/ControlPanel/Display.

Dear Jetro,

I cant actually run this screen saver as I run a windows 2000 network and
winexit.scr is specific for xp systems. Are there any other solutions?

> Password-protected screensavers were developed for auto lock. The policies
> are under UserConfiguration/AdmTemplates/ControlPanel/Display.

Grouppolicy in 2000 server can do this.

Winexit.scr is a part of W2k Resource kit and was designed for W2k. In fact,
you don't need it 'cause all you want is just lock the workstation, and not
logoff the current user. Any built-in screensaver can be password-protected
in NT systems. The best screensaver for the enterprise is the Default one,
which is a blank black screen.

how?
"kpierce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Grouppolicy in 2000 server can do this.

Thanks for that Jetro. Ive got it configured and working now.

John