locked mouse and keyboard

Patrick_89

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
My keyboard is locked into caps without caps lock being on, shift doesn't work so i can't use numbers and my mouse highlights everything when i left click. Tested both on a different computer and they work fine, it's just my computer that seems to be messed up.

Patrick_89

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Unfortunately sticky keys is off and I've never turned it on before. Both my keyboard and my mouse act up at the same time, but if i press random keys it will unlock my mouse for about a minute. When it's not working properly and i right click firefox for instance it will open the promp for run as admin, properties and the like instead of the menu that lists recent and tasks. Honestly I've never had such an issue before windows 10 and i would rather not do a fresh install.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try making a new user and see if it happens there

before you say you don't want a new user, you can copy all the folders from your current user folder onto new and once you make it admin, the only downside is setting up browsers again. I had to do it a few weeks ago.

Patrick_89

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Still doesn't work, the problem is there right from the log on screen sadly. Very rarely if i hit keys like I'm crazy will it work for a moment. My password has numbers in it and those are the hardest thing to type at the moment since they are pretty muched locked to the symbols like I'm holding shift.