Locked myself out of my brand new iphone se :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manlybunny

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2016
Yes I know I shall accept the "idiot of the year "award for locking myself out of my iPhone in under 1 hour of buying it.
So how did this happen? I decided to buy an iPhone se instead of a Galaxy S7 just to see what was going on on team apple (haven't used ios since ios 6 on my old iPod touch 4g. Once I got the iPhone, even before I made an apple id and connected the phone to a apple id, I decided to test out touchid. For the backup password, stupid me made a stupid password that I don't even remember what it was. Fast-forward to the next day, where I'm locked out of my brand new iPhone (its telling me to connect to iTunes) and I cant restore it via iTunes since I don't have an apple ID and I keep getting the error 0xE8000015 on both of my computers (custom build and laptop) whenever I try to update and restore my iPhone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

leoscott

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I would guess that telling someone here in public how to do that would be great for thieves and probably against Tom's policy. I would suggest you take it to an Apple store where they can verify your ownership BEFORE they unlock it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.