[SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode

Feb 16, 2020
So I was on a live chat with Ubisoft costumer support when I was instructed to reboot into windows safe mode with network mode(?). So I did that much but was then locked out of my PC on my log- in screen. It always said my password was incorrect, so just to make sure I entered it on Microsoft's website with the same account and password and it worked.

So I contacted Microsoft support who instructed me that windows safe mode isn't safe at all and that it can mess with critical windows assets. So I got no where there and am coming to you all for help. Any questions are great, and any help is VERY appreciated. This has messed up my main PC and workflow. Thank you in advance

Solution
So I contacted Microsoft support who instructed me that windows safe mode isn't safe at all and that it can mess with critical windows assets.
brain stuck saying What... how is that helpful?

Safe mode isn't safe? They named it badly then? I have to wonder who they are hiring for help these days.

so logon works in safe mode but not in live? At this point I would backup anything on the hdd C is on, and do a reset.
since you know how to get to safe mode, reset is on the Troubleshoot menu (it is only thing there apart from advanced)
Since your user is possibly corrupted I would do a full reset (it only touches C so any other partitions/drives will be ignored)

Colif

Win 11 Master
So I contacted Microsoft support who instructed me that windows safe mode isn't safe at all and that it can mess with critical windows assets.
brain stuck saying What... how is that helpful?

Safe mode isn't safe? They named it badly then? I have to wonder who they are hiring for help these days.

so logon works in safe mode but not in live? At this point I would backup anything on the hdd C is on, and do a reset.
since you know how to get to safe mode, reset is on the Troubleshoot menu (it is only thing there apart from advanced)
Since your user is possibly corrupted I would do a full reset (it only touches C so any other partitions/drives will be ignored)

Solution