Locked out of administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

nysald1

Reputable
Sep 27, 2015
Hello, Long story short, i changed the settings on 'netplwiz', and made the account 'Homegroupuser$' an administrator, and removed the administrator privileges for the account i use. now i cant access any administrative settings. Please any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
In Start, click Power, hold down Shift, and click on "Restart." You will reboot to the Advanced Startup Options menu. Go to safe mode. Open netplwiz again and set your account as administrator from there. You can also try opening an elevated command prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." In the new command prompt that appears, enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

This should open up a new built-in administrator account.

Slashgeek

Admirable
In Start, click Power, hold down Shift, and click on "Restart." You will reboot to the Advanced Startup Options menu. Go to safe mode. Open netplwiz again and set your account as administrator from there. You can also try opening an elevated command prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." In the new command prompt that appears, enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

This should open up a new built-in administrator account.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.