Question Locked out of BIOS, can't do anything on the Computer.

Mar 11, 2019
Hello,

I came to this forum out of desperation at this point, we have a machine with an MSI Z87I motherboard and we had to go into the BIOS settings to change the boot settings.
Unfortunately it asked us for the BIOS Password, which was set up by a family member but is by now forgotten, so we tried resetting the BIOS in every way we could, removing CMOS Battery, flipping the CMOS Battery, using a metal object on the 2 little pins to reset, tried all sorts of combinations of the previous, tried holding it longer, tried letting go faster, Computer was always unplugged of course and even tried holding down the power button to make sure there was none anymore. The longest the Battery has been out was about 2 hours. According to all the information I can find online this should have reset the BIOS password but it never did, it did say that settings were reset, but it keeps asking us for that password just like before, as far as I could see MSI does not have a master password that could help us out. Currently we can't go into the BIOS nor boot the PC because we need to get into the BIOS to change the boot settings. Any help would be appreciated, I'm planning to leave the battery out overnight if the issue can't be fixed before.