[SOLVED] Locked out of my PC?

Osirica

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
Hi,

I recently tried resetting my CMOS battery in order to get into my bios settings as my keyboard is not assigned to boot first meaning I cannot enter bios using the usual methods.

However, after resetting my bios, I am now stuck on the bios setup screen, as my keyboard won’t work to input any commands.

I’ve tried buying a USB to ps/2 keyboard adapter and booting while it is plugged in yet that still won’t work.

Is there anyway for me to just skip past the bios setup screen and boot my PC normally? I’ve been locked out of my PC for days now and am stuck on the bios setup screen.

Many thanks

Solution
What is your part number on your board? and other specs? Have you tried your keyboard or another keyboard in all the USB sockets? I may work in a USB2 socket. I guess you don't have a PS2 port on your board.

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hi,

I recently tried resetting my CMOS battery in order to get into my bios settings as my keyboard is not assigned to boot first meaning I cannot enter bios using the usual methods.

However, after resetting my bios, I am now stuck on the bios setup screen, as my keyboard won’t work to input any commands.

I’ve tried buying a USB to ps/2 keyboard adapter and booting while it is plugged in yet that still won’t work.

Is there anyway for me to just skip past the bios setup screen and boot my PC normally? I’ve been locked out of my PC for days now and am stuck on the bios setup screen.

Many thanks
Because i had a case when i bought a new GPU and then i was stuck on the BIOS logo after installing it in my PC, after connecting monitor to the motherboards video card it seemed to boot past the BIOS screen, at first i thought its the GPU but it was the verssion of the BIOS on my motherboard it was too old for the GPU so i upgraded the BIOS and then i booted the system with my GPU. So you here didn't change the GPU but its possible that you.. by resseting the BIOS you returned it to the first NOT UPDATED verssion of it and thats why it can't boot now. I don't know a lot but it wont hurt to try and if it is starting without GPU then you should search for a way to update your bios verrsion so you can boot the GPU again past the BIOS screen. Cheers !

What is your motherboard? Did you take the battery out with the power unplugged and bled off? That is how it is suppose to be done. Or you move the CMOS Jumper. You get to the Bios and safe mode through windows now with windows 10.
How to Enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC if you can get into Windows
  1. Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
  2. Select Update & security.
  3. Select Recovery from the left menu.
  4. Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. ...
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
  6. Click Advanced options.
  7. Select UEFI Firmware Settings. ...
  8. Click Restart.

Osirica

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
What is your motherboard? Did you take the battery out with the power unplugged and bled off? That is how it is suppose to be done. Or you move the CMOS Jumper. You get to the Bios and safe mode through windows now with windows 10.
How to Enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC if you can get into Windows
  1. Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
  2. Select Update & security.
  3. Select Recovery from the left menu.
  4. Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. ...
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
  6. Click Advanced options.
  7. Select UEFI Firmware Settings. ...
  8. Click Restart.
Yeah I took the battery out for 30 minutes and reinserted it, however now I’m stuck on the bios boot screen with no way past as my keyboard isn’t detected