I login to a domain at work with a username with administrator privileges.
For a certain reason (stupidity), I logged on as the local administrator,
opened windows explorer, open the properties of my domain user and set the
properties to deny.

Now windows has created a new user and all my files and documents under my
previous user are blocked even after going back to properties as
administrator and setting everything to Allow.

Please help.

This one's a problem that I'm seeing more and more (in fact, I copied this
from a previous post of mine). It's due to the different security settings
on the NTFS file system. There's several ways to gain the necessary
permissions on these files.

1) Use a free NTFS to DOS reader to copy the files to a FAT32 file system.
This will effectively strip the various permissions from the files.
2) Use a Live Linux distro - such as Knoppix - to copy the files elsewhere.
3) Take ownership of the files/folders in question - so that you can
manipulate them as yours. This method works, but it's very quirky at times -
it'll require different tactics on different folders and files.

Here's some articles on how to do it: Thes documents all deal with
permissions, ownership, and access denied errors.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q304040&ID=KB;EN-US;q304040
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281248
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308418

Again, please be aware that the changing of these settings is a bit flakey -
and may reuire repeated attempts on the folder and sub-folders to get it to
work.

Good luck - this can be frustrating!