Question Log cabin nightmare

Oct 20, 2019
Hi there. We live in an older log home with solid large Pine round logs as the outside walls and beams. We also have a large stone fireplace. It is an open plan with the fireplace in the center and the living room, dining room, kitchen are around it. We finally got high speed in our area but the WiFi is off more than on. The spectrum router is placed in the living room next to the tv which is along a log wall. This should give a good signal to the living room, dining room and then down a few steps and through a doorless office. The signal can be great and then gone. I have had a few different routers over the years and have had the same issue. I feel like something is blocking the signal as I lose it even 5’ away yet then i can get it 30’ away in the office. Then it comes back everywhere. Do I need a network extender, repeater? At wits end here.

Oct 20, 2019
I have a new iPhone, iPad Pro, Alienware tower. And a laptop if I’m not using the tower. Have not even tried to connect the 2 smart tv’s yet. As of an hour ago I had a great signal in my office and a few minutes ago I got nothing.

Ralston18

Titan
ISP being Spectrum and they have provided you with a modem/router - correct?

If not, please update your post to include make and model information for the modem, router, or combo (modem/router) device.

How many wireless devices do you have? Do all lose wireless at the same time or just a specific wireless device at one time or another?

Any wired (Ethernet) devices? Do they ever lose network connectivity?