Logic Supply Launches its ML300 Intel NUC Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk3090

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
Not loving the orange, but this system looks solid. One of the better fanless nuc systems out there with a decent price tag.

HTPC_Crew

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
NUCRunner, I completely agree. With those components isolated on the bottom they are going to burn up; especially at their advertised 50C rating. I had issues with my NUC in the Intel chassis that I populated myself. I was happy when they released the whitepaper about the mSATA, and acknowledged the issue. Are any other 3rd-party chassis manufacturers taking this into account when developing around the NUC?

John Donoghue

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
HTPC_Crew and NUCRunner - Overheating of was a consideration in design, so heatsinks specifically isolate each device. (Pic of isolation: http://www.logicsupply.com/images/photos/cases/ml300-industrial-fanless-nuc-case_pic7_big.jpg ) also we have a copper version available (those are aluminum) if need be. End result, at 100% load, the CPU, WiFi & mSATA were all within spec. I can get you more details if you want them.

mk3090 - The orange grows on you.

John @ Logic Supply

tompatten5512

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
What is the extent of Logic Supply's thermal analysis? Did they actually stick it where it doesn't belong? The definition of "where it doesn't belong" is subjective.

I'd be interested to see an actual thermal report from LS. Intel's millions of dollars in R&D NUC chassis ended up with thermal issues still. I am not sold until LS posts some hard data. Until then, looks like marketing spin to me.

I am going to stick this article where it doesn't belong until I see data.

Chris Hovious

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Hey All, Glad to see the interest and feedback on our case!
I'm under the gun with some deadlines today but rest assured - I will post back soon with some empirical evidence on thermal issues re: WiFi & mSATA. I'll throw the CPU info in for good measure while I'm at it.
In the meantime, there are some photos on both our fanned and fanless NUC pages of the wifi/msata thermal solutions.
Check back tomorrow for more detailed response.
Cheers!
Chris Hovious
Product Manager
Logic Supply, Inc.

mk3090

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
SignageGuys - Since your system claims the same thermals, I'd rather take Logic Supply's fanless version.

John - I'll have to take your word. Can't go wrong with all black.

Bolts Romano

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Why can't manufacturer use the build in power rather than use external DC adapter. Like the one in MacMini. It looks neat and tidy . I do not see any reason why we have to leave with another ugly looking power supply on the table. The device hide nicely behind the monitor but how about the power brick supply?

Firion87

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Now mostly it looks nice but honestly it's a bit expensive. Right now I use a Shuttle DS61, which is about the same size, silent, using a normal i3 2100 and a normal ssd.... overall cost: 350$

Chris Hovious

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Pic of mSATA & WiFi cooling solution. Sorry it's crude, just snapped it on my test bench with phone. Special-order copper heatsink can be seen in lower right.

hUeE2uP.jpg

trolltuner

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Considering LGS makes some pretty epic fanless systems already, I'll take John and Chris's word that this system will match or exceed the fanned version (In thermal dissipation) from Seneca. Not to mention how much more rugged the LGS system looks. Hopefully they do this to the ml300: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2PetyE_8O4

@Firion87 All of LGS stuff is expensive, it's designed for industrial use. For consumers, getting an industrial PC is pretty overkill. Orange kills it for me though XD

SignageGuys

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Chris - Thanks for the pictures. Interesting design with the brackets. Are you able to share component temperature at 50C ambient with full system utilization? Does LogicSupply test in-house or use a third party testing house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS