Question Logical Upgrade

Mar 6, 2023
What would be a logical CPU upgrade with what I have now? I do mostly gaming and I am getting some low streaming bandwidth problems in FH5

Here are my current specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Cores
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk Max
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb (2x8gb)

What do you mean by "low streaming bandwidth"? It sounds like a local area network problem, maybe your router needs restarting?

You have a good enough motherboard...a logical CPU upgrade would be to a 5800X3d processor for gaming performance. Be sure BIOS is up to the latest before making that move.

What speed is the Trident Z memory rated to run at? If it's up to it, with that processor you can reasonably expect memory to clock at 3600Mtps.

Mar 6, 2023
What do you mean by "low streaming bandwidth"? It sounds like a local area network problem, maybe your router needs restarting?

You have a good enough motherboard...a logical CPU upgrade would be to a 5800X3d processor for gaming performance. Be sure BIOS is up to the latest before making that move.

What speed is the Trident Z memory rated to run at? If it's up to it, with that processor you can reasonably expect memory to clock at 3600Mtps.

From what I understand, "low streaming bandwidth" in FH5 has something to do with video card drivers, not internet. I have made sure all of that is up to date and such but no matter what I seem to get the error and freeze a lot.

As for the Trident Z memory, i wanna say 3200 MHz, this is the listing on amazon that I believe I found before. I'm not sure how to find it in system details: https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-TridentZ-16GB-25600-F4-3200C16D-16GTZR/dp/B01MTDEYHU

From what I understand, "low streaming bandwidth" in FH5 has something to do with video card drivers, not internet. I have made sure all of that is up to date and such but no matter what I seem to get the error and freeze a lot.

As for the Trident Z memory, i wanna say 3200 MHz, this is the listing on amazon that I believe I found before. I'm not sure how to find it in system details: https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-TridentZ-16GB-25600-F4-3200C16D-16GTZR/dp/B01MTDEYHU
hmm...if GPU drivers are a problem then clean uninstall and re-install is often times a cure. Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to help with that.

Trident Z is pretty good memory. It may be possible to get to run at 3600 on a 5000 series CPU even if rated for 3200 but will probably take some tweaking of timings.

Mar 6, 2023
I plan on getting some more ram along with a CPU upgrade so hopefully that could also help :) I will try doing the uninstall and reinstall of the GPU drivers and see if it helps. Thanks for the help!

logainofhades

Titan
What is the make/model of your psu? I would recommend at least a 5700x, for the CPU, after a bios update. It's current price is quite the steal, and will pair up nicely with your GPU. You could go with a 5800x3d, for the best gaming performing CPU, that AM4 has to offer, opening you up to faster GPU's without experiencing a bottleneck.

Mar 6, 2023
What is the make/model of your psu? I would recommend at least a 5700x, for the CPU, after a bios update. It's current price is quite the steal, and will pair up nicely with your GPU. You could go with a 5800x3d, for the best gaming performing CPU, that AM4 has to offer, opening you up to faster GPU's without experiencing a bottleneck.

I have an Antec VP 550 +, linked here:
https://www.antec.com/product/power/vp550-plus