Login loop tried everything!

Hi,

I have the login loop problem.

Click on user's name and the system loads settings, and then saves settings
and returns to logon screen.

I have checked the Winlogon\ registry entry, and yes it is correct.
I have copied the userinit.exe file to wsaupdater.exe.

I have done an in-place reinstall of XP Home with SP 2 which I have
succesfully re-activated.

It is still happening!!!

HELP!

Have you tried going through safemode and seeing if you can reset those
accounts that way?

"David Bland" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the login loop problem.
>
> Click on user's name and the system loads settings, and then saves settings
> and returns to logon screen.
>
> I have checked the Winlogon\ registry entry, and yes it is correct.
> I have copied the userinit.exe file to wsaupdater.exe.
>

> I have done an in-place reinstall of XP Home with SP 2 which I have
> succesfully re-activated.
>
> It is still happening!!!
>
> HELP!

Hi,

I cannot login in safe mode either!

"David Bland" <DavidBland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the login loop problem.
>
> Click on user's name and the system loads settings, and then saves
settings
> and returns to logon screen.
>
> I have checked the Winlogon\ registry entry, and yes it is correct.
> I have copied the userinit.exe file to wsaupdater.exe.
>

> I have done an in-place reinstall of XP Home with SP 2 which I have
> succesfully re-activated.
>
> It is still happening!!!
>
> HELP!

Access the registry via a networked machine, then do this:
- Navigate to HKLM/SYSTEM/MountedDevices/ and delete all keys which look
like "\DosDevice\<DRIVE_LETTER>:"
- Navigate ot HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/
and make sure that Winlogon/Userinit points to drive C:.

Sorted - Many thanks for your help.

The wininit value was set as a REG_MULTI_SZ value. I deleted it an
re-entered it as a REG_SZ value and all is well.

Thanks vary much!!!

David.