Login screen doesn't load, but power button and ease of access options do!

Aug 29, 2018
44350122121_6358e73056_m.jpg

This is the screen I am stuck on. It occurred after a windows update.

-I cannot do a system restore (nothing old enough available)
-All windows repairs wont work
-i cannot do a windows upgrade/repair since i cant log in.

I can get to a command prompt from this screen as I renamed utilmon.exe to be the command. This will let me run certain things. I ran ccleaner. I tried windows onecare application. i can launch a windows install and upgrade/repair, but it quits as there is no user rights to the launch of the setup application. I have tried to launch setup with administrative rights. it tells me access denied.

Help.

Solution
Overall a corrupted update may be the cause.

For the most part I believe that there is not much more that can be done.

If you cannot gain administrative access rights for whatever reason then a Windows 7 reinstall may be all you can do.

Ralston18

Titan
Here is the concern:

"but it quits as there is no user rights to the launch of the setup application. I have tried to launch setup with administrative rights. it tells me access denied."

Forum rules prohibit helping with attempts to bypass security & passwords.

Why are you unable to reinstall Windows 7?

Aug 29, 2018
I'm not asking for a way to bypass security. I already have the username and password. The normal security (login) is corrupt. I want to:

login using the command line,
or execute startup with administrative rights
or elevate a command window to administrative rights
or replace corrupt login with a working one

I have all passwords I need. No way to use them.

Aug 29, 2018

Aug 29, 2018

I have already done this. That's why I have a command prompt to work with. However this prompt has limited rights. Amazingly I can reset password's and run certain exectuables, but most are at a "read only" level.

For example. I I thought to myself to set the autologin properties via the registry. I can run regedit, but cannot make changes as I am not logged in as a user. If I try to run regedit using the runas command I get an error "access denied"

Ralston18

Titan
Overall a corrupted update may be the cause.

For the most part I believe that there is not much more that can be done.

If you cannot gain administrative access rights for whatever reason then a Windows 7 reinstall may be all you can do.

Solution