Logitech AK5370 USB microphone not working

royalflush1993

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
I installed Windows 10 build 17074 and now my micrphone of the aforementioned typed seized to work. I tried to disable and re-enabe it, problem still persist. What can I do?

royalflush1993

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018

I removed the previous bad Realtek driver, and I installed what you linked in the other thread. Perfect install, and now I could reconigure, now I got perfect 5.1 sound. So the sound output part is good, but before I do this whole process, I realized that the input is not working either. On the earlier Windows build it worked well, I did not have to install any driver, but now is also faulty.

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Hey again, troubled man.

1. Does your USB port work ? Can you test it with anything USB ?
2. You might want to install USB drivers from the site I gave. You have a little outdated mother, just like me.

I totally think this is due to drivers. You will have to poke around the net and play around with older drivers. Since you have new win 10 but older mother, you might want to download and install older drivers for it.

royalflush1993

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
Hello again.

The USB port is certainly working, bacause I can turn on the microphone and its control light is working. Moreover, I can see the microphone in the device manager:

21lCRoq.png

I tried install the chipset driver from the website that you linked, nothing changed. Mic is even set as a default recording device in Windows. Only the programs can't see it. Neither Sound recorder, nor Skype.

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
Try this:

1. Right click your headset and select "Update Driver Software..."

2. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

3. Select "USB Audio Device" from the list

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method 1: I would suggest you to run Hardware and devices troubleshooter and see if that helps!

a) Open Control Panel.
b) Write Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
c) Click on Troubleshooting tab.
d) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
e) Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
f) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

a) Open Device Manager.

b) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

c) Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d) Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e) Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

f) Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and

g) Reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

royalflush1993

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018

Could you suggest something else? Linux? I ask this seriously.

xtcmax

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
I have no experience in that area at all. If your budget permits you can invest in another microphone or ,since you just installed windows, you could downgrade to older version of windows. I don't see any difference in between older and newest versions. If you have co-workers or friends with mics, you could test theirs on your system.

If I were you, I would ask the logitec forum before completely giving up. This is a driver issue and you might need some legacy drivers, just need to know which ones to get. What is your mother again ?