Logitech Announces New PC Gaming Peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Finally! Replacements for my old G7 and G15 that are actually worthy of the name! The mouse and keyboards look so good. Now they need something that can actually compete with the Belkin n52.

jplarson

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Must be nice to be able to drop $380 on accessories. Having said that, more power to the folks who can get them. That mouse looks particularly interesting!

dgingeri

Distinguished
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]That mouse would be sick if it weren't wireless[/citation]
Their G7 is excellent for gaming. I've used it for years. When my last one gave out a year ago, I couldn't find a better mouse, so I went to ebay and got a used one. Odd thing is the used ones sell for almost the original retail price of $80 and new ones in the box sell for close to $120 now. It's just that good of a mouse. The batteries are easily swappable, have an external charger, and it comes with 2 batteries, so one is always charged. (I now have 5 batteries, making for a nice stockpile of charged batteries.) There's also no lag, if you position the receiver right. It's a great mouse.

The keyboard looks awesome and so does the mouse.. Though that many programmable buttons are massive overkill for even the hardest of the hardcore professional gamer or enthusiast.. Am not sure i'd ever opt for a wireless gaming mouse though.. I prefer the wired stuff..

kio54

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
...how is the g510 really any different from the g15 revision one? it sounds like it has exactly the same things save for the adjustable screen on the first g15.

i mean i own the g15 r1 and unless logitech added something that they didn't list here, imo the r1 looks better with the same capabilities.

http://www.meigard.se/wp-content/2007/06/G15.jpg

tell me if i'm wrong.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kio54[/nom]...how is the g510 really any different from the g15 revision one? it sounds like it has exactly the same things save for the adjustable screen on the first g15. i mean i own the g15 r1 and unless logitech added something that they didn't list here, imo the r1 looks better with the same capabilities.http://www.meigard.se/wp-content/2007/06/G15.jpg tell me if i'm wrong.[/citation]
The new keyboard has a color lcd screen(might be limited to the backlighting color), I'm guessing a higher resolution on it as well. It also has the g110's media controls and the sound and mic plugs.

if anything this is a true g15 v2. since really the other g15 remakes/remodels were awful compared to the g15 v1.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Can someone please explain this to me: How can a headset with (presumably) 2 speakers (one in each ear) provide true 7.1 surround sound? I though the definition of 7.1 was 7 physical speakers surrounding the user and then one additional subwoofer. If they are talking about simulated 7.1 surround, then it should state that. But even that is weak because what makes it 7.1, or 10.1 or 1000.1 if you are only simulating surround sound? Any stereo headphones can make it sound like the sound is coming from any point around you, provided the software is well written.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Is it just me, or are these high end gaming mice and keyboards getting more and more expensive? In other words there's no set defined price points. Every time a new high end product comes out, it's simply priced higher then its predecessor. I remember when the MX518, the highest end gaming mouse from Logitech was $45... oh wait, it's still around that price.

G

the G15 was love at first sight for me, but the clankity keys now entrenched in dust and food residue, never made it silent-soft type friendly. I'm hoping the G510 brings silent soft taps, a-la-microsoft

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
The mouse has a "Data Over Cable" option. I wonder how long that option would last if I kept them connected all the time. I don't like wireless mice.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]That mouse would be sick if it weren't wireless[/citation]
I used a wireless mouse for years but after one too many extremely inconvenient incidents of the battery running out (or a popup warning about my battery causing a minimization) I went back to wired and I am much happier. I absolutely love my G500. The only wireless mice I don't have much issue with are the Wacom ones (due to the lack of a battery), but they're not really designed for gaming.

Drace

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
wow, 2 MMO mice on Tom's news in 1 day....but again, I'll stick to my WIRED Razer Naga with 17 buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.