Logitech Builds G710 Keyboard With Cherry MX Blue Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

grokem

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Wow, they basically made their keyboard wider than the already too wide standard keyboard. While accountants and data entry personnel will disagree, why not drop the numeric pad on the right if you're going to add a new row of keys on the left. Anyone who really uses the numeric pad gets a detached USB one so they can better position it anyway.

I think they're missing the mark with the blue and orange rings on their keyboards. Just make them black and if you want to offer color options do it in the form of colored-LED lighting or lower the price and leave white LEDs as the only option. My 710+ is excellent from a functionality standpoint (and far from silent), but ugly as sin. Orange, black and gray. The color scheme matches almost no one's PC and borders on obnoxious.

Now they make one with a blue ring? Just leave the ring out of it Logitech. It's not necessary.

manman1

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
I think they're missing the mark with the blue and orange rings on their keyboards. Just make them black and if you want to offer color options do it in the form of colored-LED lighting or lower the price and leave white LEDs as the only option. My 710+ is excellent from a functionality standpoint (and far from silent), but ugly as sin. Orange, black and gray. The color scheme matches almost no one's PC and borders on obnoxious.

Now they make one with a blue ring? Just leave the ring out of it Logitech. It's not necessary.

Lol- just goes to show, everyone has an opinion. I Just found out about this keyboard and am now returning my g710+, but the ONLY thing I'm unhappy about is losing that color scheme... I would have normally agreed with you too, but with my new desktop build everything inside is mostly black and yellowish orange, plus I have the steelseries rival mouse with black/orange, so it all just goes together. I didn't really plan it like that, and wouldn't usually select those colors if I had cared but when it all came together it does actually look cool to me.

Throwing some random blue in there won't really go together, but I'd rather have the blue keys. I grew up with an IBM, and just miss that strong tactile feedback. If the browns FELT the same but were just quieter I'd be fine with this, but the feedback just feels more natural with the blues to me.

Given the choice, browns and blues are the only keyboards I'd use. I wish they had the springy sound resonating after the keystroke like the old IBM as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.