Question Logitech C920 driver issue

mmejido

Reputable
Oct 2, 2017
Hi everyone. Happy New Year!

So I had gotten the updated Logitech C920s webcam for Christmas. Installed it, it was fine, but I didn't like a few things, so I purchased the 'older' C920 from ebay as a replacement. It allows 'Follow My Face', doesn't need the new Logitech Capture software which doesn't like Aero, etc.

So everything installs fine with the 'older' C920 and I'm very happy. But. I notice under 'Sound' and then the 'Recording' tab that the C920 is listed as '2- HD Pro Webcam C920'. Ugh.

Obviously, I figured, this had to do with the previous version of C920 being installed before, and the drivers. So I search through regedit, find everywhere where '2- HD Pro Webcam C920' is listed, and just delete the '2-' part. Done. Reboot, but... still '2- HD Pro Webcam C920' exists under 'Sound' and then the 'Recording' tab.

I will admit this is just my own OCD at work - the webcam works great. But I'd like to be able to figure it out, and I am very open for help at this point :)

Thanks!

mmejido

Reputable
Oct 2, 2017
did that - it doesn't show up.

Meaning... the 'old' version of C920 doesn't install an actual driver that can be seen in the 'uninstall' list. the 'new' version does.

Last edited: