Question Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick not working on Steam ?

olblindman

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2014
Running Windows 11. Joystick is detected by Windows 11, but not by STEAM. Tried big picture, etc. Nadda. It does not see the controller at all. Logitech does not have any new 11 drivers for it, but it does see the joystick, and all the buttons work fine. I do not want to invest in another joystick not knowing if it will work because of STEAM. I am looking to play a few flight sims....Il Sturmovik, and Rise of flight. Any suggestions?

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure that your BIOS for the motherboard isn't pending any updates.

I'm assuming you've installed Logitech's Gaming App;
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024843033--Downloads-Extreme-3D-Pro
?

If not, you should install it in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If you do still have an issue with the app's installation, try and install the app in compatibility mode, i.e, Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 7/8 in your drop down menu.

olblindman

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2014
I tried the Logitech download. nothing. The problem is with STEAM itself, I think. I did a BIOS update not long ago (always makes me nervous), so I do not think that is the issue. Other Steam users have the same problem, though a few have found work-arounds, I tried all their suggestions with 0 luck. If STEAM would 'see' the controller, something might work. An X-box controller is seen and works, but isn't really conducive to flying sims.

I guess I will try a newer, different joystick.......